“We have a lot of storage classes, but we’re not close to being done,” Jassy said, depicting the new storage service blueprint in AWS re:Invent. New storage service gives customers more flexibility in how they keep, manage, move and access their data. Amazon Aurora, a fully MySQL/PostgreSQL compatible database engine with at least as strong durability and availability as commercial grade databases but at 1/10th of the cost for customers. For the blockchain, Amazon finally revealed a service dedicated to the trendy blockchain technology. This service supports popular open source blockchain technologies like hyperledger fabric and ethereum.
- S3 Glacier Deep Archive: Offer the lowest price of storage in AWS and reliably store any amount of data
- Amazon FSx for Windows File Server: Fully managed Windows native file system
- Amazon FSx for Lustre: Fully managed compute-intensive file system
- Amazon Timestream: Fully managed time series database
- Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB): Fully managed ledger database
- Amazon RDS on VMware: Automate on-premises database management
- AWS Managed Blockchain: Create and manage scalable blockchain networks
- S3 Glacier Deep Archive：Offer the lowest price of storage in AWS and reliably store any amount of data
This new storage class for Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is designed for long-term data archival and is the lowest cost storage from any cloud provider. Priced from just $0.00099/GB-mo (less than one-tenth of one cent, or $1.01 per TB-mo), the cost is comparable to tape archival services. Data can be retrieved in 12 hours or less, and there will also be a bulk retrieval option that will allow you to inexpensively retrieve even petabytes of data within 48 hours.
- Amazon FSx for Windows File Server：Fully managed Windows files servers
Amazon FSx for Windows File Server provides a fully managed native Microsoft Windows file system so you can easily move your Windows-based applications that require file storage to AWS. It is designed to meet the highest security standards and it has been assessed to comply with ISO and PCI-DSS certifications, and is HIPAA eligible. Amazon FSx provides fast performance with up to 10s of GB/s throughput with sub-millisecond latencies
- Amazon FSx for Lustre：High throughput, low latency
Full managed file system for compute-intensive workloads
- Aurora Global Database：Fastest-growing AWS services highlight
1. MySQL and PostgreSQL compatible
2. 5x faster than standard MySQL ans 3x PostgreSQL
3. High available and durable
4. 1/10th the cost of commercial grade databases
- DynamoDB Read/Write Capacity on demand
1. No more capacity planning: No need to specify how much read/write throughput you expect to use
2. Ideal for unpredictable workloads: Ramp from zero to tens of thousands of requests per second on demand
3. Pay only for what you use: Pay-per-request pricing
- Rational databases & Existing time-series databases
|Rational databases||Existing time-series databases|
|Unnatural for time-series data||Manual effort needed for enterprise-grade availability and reliability|
|Lack time-series analytics functions like smoothing, approximation, and interpolation||Difficult to scale|
|Rigid schema inflexible for fast-moving time-series dataa||Limited data lifecycle management capabilities|
- Amazon Timestream：Fast, scalable, fully-managed time-series database
This database that you can use to store and analyze trillions of events per day at 1/10th the cost of a relational database. It is optimized for data that arrives in time order and for queries that include a time interval. It is a great fit for IoT, industrial telemetry, app monitoring, and DevOps data. Timestream automates rollups, retention, tiering, and compression so time-series data can be efficiently stored and processed. Timestream’s query engine adapts to the location and format of data making it easier and faster to query time-series data.
- Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB)：Fully managed ledger database with a central trusted authority
This fully managed ledger database will allow you to track and verify the complete history of changes to your application data. It uses an immutable journal that maintains a sequenced, cryptographically verifiable record of all changes that cannot be deleted or modified. It is scalable and easy to use, supports SQL queries, and lets it run 2-3x faster than common blockchain frameworks.
- Amazon RDS on VMware
This is a fully managed service for on-premises databases. You can set up, run, and scale databases in VMware vSphere using the same tools already enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) customers. You can build low-cost high-availability hybrid environments, implement disaster recovery to AWS, and do long-term archival in Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3).
- Evolution of databases for all of your applications needs
- AWS Managed Blockchain：Create and manage scalable blockchain networks
This is a managed blockchain service that lets you quickly create and manage a scalable blockchain network using popular open source frameworks, Hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum, that you can use to transact and securely share data. It is designed to scale to meet the needs of thousands of applications generating millions of transactions, with simple mechanisms to invite new members, manage certificates, and track operational metrics. Futhermore, it is easy to move data into QLDB for further analysis.