In order to assist companies for data lakes, Jassy previewed a new service for analytics called AWS Lake Formation. It will make it easier to combine analytic tools like Amazon EMR, Redshift, Athena, Sagemaker around data in the data lake.
- AWS Control Tower: Set up and govern a secure, compliant multi-account environment
- AWS Lake Formation: Build a secure data lake in days
- AWS Outposts: Run AWS infrastructure on-premises
- AWS Security Hub: Unified security and compliance center
Management & Governance
- AWS Control Tower：The easiest way to set up and govern a secure, compliant, multi-account environment or Landing Zone.
This service helps you automate the set up a well-architected multi-account AWS environment using a set of blueprints that embody AWS best practices. Guardrails, both mandatory and recommended, are available for high-level, rule-based governance. You will have access to an integrated dashboard so that you can keep a watchful eye over the accounts provisioned, the guardrails that are enabled, and your overall compliance status.
- AWS Lake Formation：A service that allows you to build data lake in days
This fully managed service will help you to build, secure, and manage a data lake. You’ll be able to point it at your data sources, have it crawl the sources, and pull the data into Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3). Lake Formation uses Machine Learning to identify and de-duplicate data, and also performs format changes in order to accelerate analytical processing. You will also be able to define and centrally manage consistent security policies across your data lake and the services that you use to analyze and process the data.
- AWS Outposts
This service will bring AWS to your existing data center, providing a consistent, seamless experience across on-premises and the cloud, and giving you the ability to run on-premises applications with the exact same Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), consoles, features, hardware, and tools that you use on AWS.
Security, identity, & Compliance
- AWS Security Hub：Centrally manage security and compliance across an AWS environment
This service will allow you to to centrally view & manage security alerts and automate compliance checks within and across AWS accounts. You can automate compliance checks to detect deviations against industry standards. It will aggregate security findings from AWS and partner services and present you with built-in and customizable insights that are unique to your environment.