About Perfect Corp.
Taiwan-based Perfect Corp. aims to transform the beauty industry by marrying the highest level of augmented reality (“AR”) and artificial intelligence (“AI”) technology with the ultimate shopping experience, completely reinventing consumer beauty journey. The B2C side of the business serves customers through its YouCam mobile app which is a BeautyTech platform provides market leading AI + AR beauty SaaS solution to over 200 beauty brands worldwide including Estee Lauder, M.A.C. and YSL. Perfect Corp.’s B2B customers include global beauty brands and retailers, both online and offline, across 67 countries. From small and medium businesses to enterprises, Perfect Corp. offers Beauty SaaS for every business size. Leap into the future with beauty AI and AR technology to make the best shopping experience possible for customers.
Perfect Corp.’s Challenge
To make a better consumers’ journey on experiencing beauty products. Perfect Corp. need to pass through several challenges.
First, as Perfect Corp. grows rapidly and globally, the platform infrastructure (Perfect Console) must be inherently able to operate at expanding global scale, it’s important for Perfect Console to have the ability to scale with minimum engineering efforts, zero interruption to existing customers’ operations and to provide the same level of service quality to both existing and new customers.
Secondly, Perfect Corp’s next-gen beauty SaaS is AI-powered, which requires dynamic and versatile infrastructure to develop in AI. It heavily relies on deep learning technology to create specific AI training model per each brand’s dataset.
Last but not least, it’s necessary to achieve GDPR compliance while serving Global customers. It’s a monumental task to make sure all Perfect Corp’s solutions pass GDPR, from the application to service level, and even down to the underlying infrastructure.
Solutions from eCloudvalley
- Using AWS EMR service to process 2.5 billion user events, 200 million API queries each day.
- Deploying AWS servers as highly configurable and highly dynamic for an automatic self-serve beauty SaaS like the AI Style Transfer.
- Purchasing Amazon EC2 Reserved Instances (Amazon EC2 RI) to pre-allocate resources for anticipated surges in application usage and enabling 25% cost optimization.
- Using several services to monitor and protect data, including AWS Key Management Service (AWS KMS), AWS Identity and Access Management (AWS IAM), and Amazon GuardDuty.
- Setting MFA for local accounts through automation. If a new account is created, it’s automatically added to a group that enforces multi-factor authentication (MFA) before the account can access resources.
- Using AWS CloudTrail to track and automatically respond to account activity threatening the security of AWS resources.
- Building WAF to control over which traffic to allow or block to web applications by defining customizable web security rules.
- Ensuring GDPR compliance for global beauty brands in 67 countries.
- Exceeding 99.58% service availability with robust architecture.
- Gaining 25% cost savings by pre-allocating resources during peak periods.
- Maintaining a latency of 3 seconds or less for live streaming tool.
- Supporting deep-learning AI models with automated pipelines.