The concept of a Managed Service Provider (MSP) is not necessarily new, but it can be difficult for organizations to understand.
What exactly is an MSP? What does it take to become a next-generation MSP? How does an organization begin if they are ready to adopt their cloud journey on Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
At a high level, the next-generation of AWS MSP is committed to three key principles:
- Keeping providing positive and continuous could education to customers, including consulting services. MSP will never just hide behind the curtains to observe the operation of customers. This allows the MSP to transition from a break relationship to a trusted advisor’s break relationship.
- Leading AWS professional services, the next-generation of AWS MSPs must act themselves as expert advisors the very beginning first time they interact. They only use internal talent and third parties in SI when necessary. MSP uses these one-time events as training opportunities to further build and train their customers.
- Couch customers know how, about using and developing on AWS services. When it comes to next generation of AWS MSPs, we will say that it is moving from the operating system layer to application-level services.。
Education and Advocacy is the Priority
Basically, AWS customers are full of curiosity.
If you are not actively answering customer questions with your knowledge, you will be robbing them of opportunities to learn with each participation. When you encounter a customer’s AWS account facing the same question or making the same mistake as before, you can choose to :
- Let them continue to make these mistakes, ask you and seek solutions, but this will validate the customer’s confidence and need for your services.
- Teach them how to avoid these common pitfalls through hands-on exercises or other touch points.
Traditional MSP business models are developing rapidly. Customers actually need end-to-end cloud-native solutions that can reduce costs, increase business agility, enhance security practice, and make organizations to focus more on their goals.
The next-generation of AWS MSP is not only focused on the resource management, but also on the other four key areas that help customers succeed: Plan & design; Build & migrate; Run & operate; and Optimize.
We should building SI Capabilities
The charter of the next-generation AWS MSP is the introduction of powerful professional services.
According to Markets＆Market data, by 2020, the global MSP market is estimated to reach $ 53.8 billion. Powerful ProServe import capabilities open the door to competing 70% (estimated at $ 37.9 billion) of these opportunities.
Learn more about the global MSP market in a study commissioned by AWS from Forrester Consulting, which conducted a Total Economic Impact (TEI) study to examinethe business opportunities that next-generations of AWS MSPs could achieve.